Tonight are the Oscars and I am very excited to be watching. Mainly because of the host, Seth MacFarlane. Half of the country went, “WHO?” and the other half, anyone that knows of “Family Guy”, cheered! Of course I am in the later group because I have known about him for the last few years. The Academy Awards should be both appealing and unpredictable. Enjoy the ride because he should be pushing the boundaries!
For those of you that don’t much about Seth MacFarlane, I thought I would give you 5 things you should know about him.
1. He is a RISD graduate, which is the school where my daughter is going right now!
2. When he was 24 years old he was the youngest person to head a network show. He is the mastermind of “Family Guy”. Not only does he produce, write and oversee the music for the show, he is also the voice of four of the characters. My favorite is 11 month old Stewie Griffin.
3. He narrowly escaped death on 9/11. He arrived late at the airport! Ironically, his “TED” costar Mark Wahlberg was also scheduled for the flight but cancelled at the last minute.
4. He is a frugal millionaire. The most extravagant thing he has bought in the last ten years is a time share in a plane.
5. His first film was a smash. He wrote and directed “TED” and was the voice of the profane teddy bear. It was the highest grossing R-rated comedy of all time.
So tune in tonight and see who wins.
Here are my predictions:
Best Picture: Lincoln
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis
Best Actress: Emmanuelle Riva
Best Director: Steven Spielberg
Best Actor in a supporting role: Tommy Lee Jones
Best Actress in a supporting role: Anne Hathaway