“We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.”~Cynthia Ozick
How often do you pause to appreciate what you have in life? After looking around the internet for ideas I came up with the best of 13.
Here are 13 things to be grateful for in our lives
1. Your parents – For giving birth to you. Because if there is no them, there will not be you
2. Your family – For being your closest kin in the world along with my husband for helping me create our family unit
3. Your friends – For being your companions in life and listening to all your ups and downs
4. Sense of sight – For letting you see the colors of life
5. Sense of hearing – For letting you hear trickle of rain, the voices of your loved ones, and the harmonious chords of music
6. Sense of touch – For letting you feel the texture of your clothes, the breeze of the wind, the fur of your animals
7. Sense of smell – For letting you smell scented candles, cooking, and beautiful flowers in your garden
8. Sense of taste – For letting you savor the sweetness of fruits, the saltiness of seawater, the sourness of pickles, and the spiciness of hot sauce
9. Your speech – For giving you the outlet to express yourself
10. Your heart – For pumping blood to all the parts of your body every second since you were born; for giving you the ability to feel
11. Your lungs – For letting you breathe so you can live
12. Your immune system – For fighting viruses that enter your body. For keeping you in the pink of your health so you can do the things you love.13. Disappointment – So you know the things that matter to you most
What are you most grateful for?