We were recently visiting my daughter in San Diego. Talk about a gorgeous place!!! The weather was absolutely perfect every single day. If you follow my Facebook page you will see that I have been posting dog photos that I took on my trip. Dogs are one of my favorite subjects. I love the way they look you in the eye and make such a great subject. But the reason I am talking about shedding is because I almost came home with a dog from this trip! YEP, I had the opportunity to buy an English Lab. This breed is wonderful! I never knew much about them but researched everything that I could find. We also had the opportunity to visit a breeder and see some ten day old puppies. SO CUTE!!
How many of you have had your eyes checked and they took pictures of your retina? Probably not many of you, but I did! Of course I thought it might be fun to use the images in a future quilt!
What I didn’t know was what the retina actually does for your sight. The retina is the light-sensitive layer of tissue at the back of the inner eye. It acts like the film in a camera — images come through the eye’s lens and are focused on the retina. The retina then converts these images to electric signals and sends them via the optic nerve to the brain. Anyone who experiences changes in sharpness or color perception, flashes of lights, floaters, or distortion in vision should get a retinal examination.
Answering questions can be fun at times. Here is a questionnaire for you to answer so that I can get to know you better. Let me hear from you!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? yes, a great uncle that i had before i was born named keith.
2. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? yes, i have good handwriting. never use it much anymore because of the computer!
3. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? yes, i have three children.
4. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? yes. I consider myself to be a loyal friend, kind, understanding and a good listener. All traits I like in my friends.
5. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? yes
6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? my favorite cereal is frosted mini wheats.
7. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? no, i kick them off immediately using my toes at the back of my shoe.
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? bluebell peppermint ice cream
9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? their smile.
10. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? the older i have gotten i procrastinate more.
11. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? i miss my father and my brother.
12. ANY TATTOOS? yes
13. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE? beach house
14. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR? i drive a grey FJ Cruiser
You might be wondering what in the hell does oblectation mean? Don’t worry, I had to look it up when searching for an “O” word today. It means “the act of pleasing highly; the state of being greatly pleased; delight.” Last week I went over to my friend, Risa’s house, to see her grandchild that was visiting from California. Adra is adorable and she made such a wonderful subject for me to practice some of my photography. It was evident how delighted Risa was to kiss and hold Adra while she visiting. Here are a few pictures I took from our photo shoot.
- What is your favorite word? creativity
- What is your least favorite word? hoarder
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? beauty in nature
- What turns you off? People who have horrible table manners.
- What is your favorite curse word? My favorite curse word is “SHIT”
- What sound or noise do you love? I love the sound of a baby laughing.
- What sound or noise do you hate? I can not stand the sound fingernails make when scraping a chalkboard!
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I would love to be a famous athlete.
- What profession would you not like to do? I would not like do construction on high buildings.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? (see image)
Something that used to keep me VERY busy was my mosaic work. But when we moved a few years ago I had to give most of it up. I lost my garage art space where I used to store and work on my mosaics. The space that is required for just storing all the knick knacks can be very overwhelming! (almost like a hoarder) You also really need an outside area where breaking and smashing tiles and toys can be littered with ceramic shards and broken pieces. I was a junk art mosaic artist which meant I shopped for the unusual small items, toys, and junk. Although I will sneak a new mosaic piece in every once in a while, it isn’t top on my production list these days. I am spending more time on my art quilts right now. Here are two of my mosaic pieces that are hanging in my studio at the moment.
The first one is called “RED CHERRY”. (10″ x 10″ with 4″ mirror)
This piece is called “POSH PINK”. (10″ x 10″ with 4″ mirror)
Enjoy finding all the fun items you can spy in each one. I think another mosaic is in the cards for me next week. Every time I look at these I am motivated to make another one!